As we look forward to life post-pandemic, we want to take an opportunity to start thinking about improvements that can be made in the district. Throughout this year, we have tried to make open communication and engagement a priority for our district.
Now, as we continue to think about how to provide quality, positive learning experiences for all of our students, we want to hear from you about what is going well and what could be better. To do that, we’ll be using a crowdsourcing tool called Throughtexchange. We first used this tool back in August as we finalized our distance learning plan. Your input helped make that plan stronger.
After you share your ideas for what is going well and feedback on what we can do better, we ask that you take time to review and rate the ideas of others. In the end, we will have a prioritized list of ideas on how best to serve our students and families.
HOW IT WORKS
ThoughtExchange is not a survey, but rather an online conversation that operates as a way to crowdsource ideas. Participation is about not only sharing your thoughts in response to an open-ended question but also about reviewing and rating the thoughts of other community members.
ThoughtExchange operates like a three-step process in the span of a condensed period (in this case, one week):
- SHARE - First, share a thought or idea in answer to the open-ended questions posed
- STAR - Review the thoughts of others and star thoughts you like
- DISCOVER - See the results of the exchange, including which thoughts were rated highest by your peers, and see themes that emerged.
From any device join the conversation by visiting tejoin.com and typing in the code 472-845-366. Or, follow the specific links and directions below:
- DESKTOP (participate in your browser)
- MOBILE (participate via a mobile device such as a tablet or phone)
- THOUGHTEXCHANGE APP (download from the Apple store and enter the code 472-845-366)
- SMS/TEXT ACCESS - Text the 9-digit code 472-845-366 to the phone number 728-55 to get a link to participate in this exchange
The ISD 318 Family Thoughtexchange will remain open through the end of the day on March 1. During that time, we encourage you to visit the exchange multiple times to see what your neighbors are sharing.
Thank you for helping us to create positive and engaging learning experiences for our students. Your voice is important to our efforts to continuously improve our schools for students and families.