Upcoming Kindergarten Students
- September through May: Preschool Screening Call 218-327-5730 to schedule.
- April: Kindergarten Enrollment
- July: Kindercamp - familiarize your kindergartner with school routines before the school year starts. Click here to register.
- August: Placement letters sent & transportation notices sent
- September: Kindergarten Orientation (note kinders will only attend one day during the first week of school)
The process of assigning children to individual schools in District 318 begins in late spring. Elementary school assignments are determined by where you live (home area) and space availability. Families will be notified of school and teacher placement by mail and Seesaw notification.
Preschool screening is required for all children entering kindergarten. If your child was already screened within ISD, there is no need for additional paperwork. If your child has not been screened, please call 218-327-5730 to arrange for an appointment. Learn more about preschool screening.
The following documentation is required for all incoming kindergarten students:
- A copy of the child's birth certificate
- Early childhood preschool screening
- A record of up-to-date immunizations
- For incoming Kindergartners, you do NOT need to enroll if:
- You have received any mailings from the district with your Kindergartner's name on it (your child has automatically been enrolled)
- Your Kinder has completed an early childhood screening with ISD 318 (your child has automatically been enrolled)
School District 318 follows Minnesota Statute (section 120A.20) which requires that a child must be at least 5 years old on or before September 1 of the year they wish to begin attending kindergarten. Kindergarten in ISD 318 is all-day, every day.
Please refer to the links below for specific requirements and further information regarding your child in kindergarten.
Principal: Ken Decoster
Principal: Jill Wheelock
East Rapids Elementary
Principal: Bruce Goodwin
Asst. Principal: Ryan Siegle
West Rapids Elementary
Principal: Sean Martinson
Asst. Principal: Clayton Lindner
Helpful Articles and Links for our Kindergarten Families: