Positive Case Reports
This page is designed to keep families, staff, and community members aware of the latest information regarding positive COVID-19 cases among staff and students. Our goal is to ensure our communication protocols are thorough and transparent while respecting health privacy laws.
For suspected and positive COVID-19 cases, the following communication procedures are in place:
- Once a suspected or positive test result is reported, contact tracing is conducted with building nurses and principals.
- Individuals identified as needing to quarantine are contacted directly. If a student has been determined as a close contact, families are contacted to pick up their student immediately.
- An electronic notification (email or Seesaw) is sent to parents notifying of a positive case in their classroom or school.
- An email advising of a positive test result is sent by the principal to all staff in the specific building.
- Each week, following the Learning Model Advisory Team meeting, the ISD 318 website is updated to reflect new cases in our schools.
If you suspect you have had close contact with a person with COVID-19, please review the MDH Response Guide and contact your medical professional.