A Learning Model Advisory Team has been created to advise and assist in the decisions around the school district’s learning model. The team consists of school district staff, the Itasca County Public Health Nurse, the President/CEO of a local healthcare provider, a local physician, and the School Board Chair.
The district is committed to using science, data, and the model released by MDE and MDH as the basis for our Learning Model decisions.
- There are many sources of data reporting COVID-19 cases. The District will use data provided by Itasca County Public Health as its data source. We believe this will be the most relevant, up-to-date, and accurate data.
- We will use data that reflects the most recent cases and information as provided by Itasca County.
- Consideration will be given for knowledge of local trends, gatherings, and cases, as well as the effects of these on county rates.
Our Learning Model Advisory Team will meet on Thursdays at 8:00 to review the data from the previous two week period as well as trends over time.
When possible, decisions to stay with a model or switch learning models will be made on regular intervals and communicated to the public
- August 21: the decision will be made to confirm/change the Learning Model for the period September 8-18*
- September 11: the decision will be made to confirm/change the Learning Model for the period September 21-October 2*
- September 25: the decision will be made to confirm/change the Learning Model for the period October 5-October 14*
- October 9: the decision will be made to confirm/change the Learning Model for the period October 20-October 30*
*local conditions and spikes in cases may cause these timelines to change, and possibly change quickly
Decisions about our district’s Learning Model will be made by the school district with input from this team as well as our Regional Support Team in the event there are COVID cases.
Staff and parents will be alerted of any change as soon as possible.
In the case where a change needs to be made rapidly, the district will try to ensure there is at least some transition time in order for staff, parents, students, and district systems to adjust.