ISD 318 Booster Club Policies
- The purpose of the Booster Club is to provide support to the particular program(s) that they represent.
- The booster club is not designed to run the program or teams within the athletic department.
- The booster club is not to make decisions on behalf of the coach or program.
- The booster club is not to influence hiring practices.
- The booster club is not to steer the program toward any singular agenda or misfortune.
- Any funds generated by the booster club become the property of that club and will be reviewed annually by the District Athletic Director.
- Every purchase made by the booster club must have prior approval from the District Athletic Director.
- Any equipment, uniforms, clothing, etc. that are purchased by the booster club for use by the coaches, athletes, or program must become the property of District 318.
- The booster club will comply with any and all rules, regulations, and policies of District 318, the conference, and the Minnesota State High School League.
- Each booster club is required to name a board of directors that include but not be limited to a president or chair, vice-president or vice-chair, secretary, and treasurer. There may be additional positions or committee members as needed.
- Coaches are not allowed to have signature authority on any booster/support account.
- The leadership of the booster club will meet annually with the District Athletic Director and head coach to review policies and share information.
- All fundraising projects and events sponsored and/or operated by the booster club will require approval by the District Athletic Director.
- Any and every stipend/position that is provided by booster/support groups must be paid through the district payroll procedure. This includes coaches, weight room/strength staff, statisticians, etc.
- Any funds generated as a result of an event that is sponsored and/or operated by the booster club will become the sole property of that booster club and can not be paid to individuals or families within the booster club, other than for reimbursement of expenses, or if one of the boosters is working as a vendor or independent contractor for the booster club.
- By MSHSL rules, the booster club can not pay for any student/athlete to attend a camp, clinic, or league*. The booster club may not establish a scholarship program for attending camps or clinics.
- Each booster club or support organization will take part in and adhere to policies and practices established by the Grand Rapids Department of Student Activities.
* “league” refers to participation in a league, other than the MSHSL