Purpose: To provide educational opportunities and activities for student leaders that are named or elected as captains of the various athletic and activity programs.
Mission Statement: “We stand to be a positive influence for our community. To communicate our beliefs, and carry ourselves with a positive demeanor of confidence, composure, and commitment to our teams and community.”
“When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you will be successful.” Eric Thomas
- that student leaders become more aware of the role and responsibilities of the position of captain,
- to realize the effect that student leaders have in their school and community,
- to understand the importance of being a leader at all times,
- to develop tactics to make students more effective leaders,
- to create a “community” of leaders among the captains,
- to share information between students and adult leaders to assist in developing positive leadership skills.
The Captains Council will meet monthly during the school year. Meetings will be held from 7:45am-8:15am in the Loft. Text 81010 in message box, @captainsc to sign up for reminders.
MSHSL Team Up Program, Top 20 Training, Guest Speakers, Real Life Experiences
2020-2021 Meeting Dates
- Attendance and participation in all Captains Council meetings is the baseline expectation, in or out of season.
- Respectful communication at all times and to all persons, and in reference to all programs, coaches, administrators, and opponents.
- Sharing of information with teammates, coaches, and others.
- “Walk the walk” at all times.
- Speak “greatness” at all times.