Welcome to GRHS Scholarship Resources
For questions or help, contact
Work phone: 218-327-5760 ext. 41544
Juniors & Seniors will automatically receive the scholarship
announcements by email to their school email account.
If parents want to receive them or students to a personal email address:
SIGN UP FOR SCHOLARSHIP EMAIL UPDATES
Senior Scholarship Opportunities Page
9th - 11th Scholarship Opportunities Page
Scholarship Search Engines
Letter of Recommendation Worksheet
Junior Year College Prep Timeline Senior Year College Prep Timeline Scholarship Organization Spreadsheet
All 2022-2023 Announcements
Last Year's (2021/2022) Announcements
- March 17,2022 (Seniors)
- March 3, 2022 (Seniors)
- February 25, 2022 (Seniors)
- February 10, 2022 (Seniors)
- February 2, 2022 (Seniors)
- January 31, 2022 (ACT SIGN UP JUNIORS/SENIORS)
- January 20, 2022 (Seniors)
- January 6, 2022 (Seniors)
- Thunderhawk Scholarship Application (Seniors)
- December 15, 2021 (Seniors)
- November 29, 2021 (Seniors)
- November 11, 2021 (Seniors)
- November 1, 2021 (Seniors)
- November 1, 2021 (Juniors)
- October 6. 2021 (Seniors)
- Sept 29, 2021 (Juniors)
- Sept 23, 2021 (Seniors)
Planning for College Resources
Links to the Major Local Opportunities
GRHS Senior Major Deadlines:
Thunderhawk Scholarships are local scholarships managed through GRHS for GRHS and ALC students. Scholarships include: Paul Bunyan Communications, Grand Rapids Eagles, Deerwood Bank, GRHS Department Scholarships, American Legion, Chamber of Commerce, Rotary and many, many others. Students complete 1 application for all of the scholarships they qualify for. Application will be available in mid- December and will closed on Feb 24, 2023. See Heidi Clairmont in the Counseling Office for more information.
Blandin Foundation Scholarships Given locally through the Blandin Foundation, grants up to $5,000 are available based on family income. Remember that you can apply for the Blandin Scholarships until you are 25 as long as you are in school. Typically application is open in January and February.
Grand Rapids Area Community Foundation (GRACF) Scholarships
Apply for over 140 scholarships totalling $170K with one application. Application is from Feb 1 to Mar 1 annually. Grand Itasca Foundation scholarships are included.
- Alworth - STEM students of families that meet income requirements can earn $20,000 for college. Must have a 3.5 GPA or higher and an ACT score of 25 or higher. Opens in November through Jan 15.
- ICC Foundation- Students attending MN North College - Itasca Campus can apply for $150,000 in scholarships through the ICC Foundation. Application is from Feb 1 - March 1.