Welcome to GRHS Scholarship Resources
For questions or help, contact
Work phone: 218-327-5760 ext. 41544
Juniors & Seniors will automatically receive the scholarship
announcements by email to their school email account.
If parents want to receive them or students to a personal email address:
SIGN UP FOR SCHOLARSHIP EMAIL UPDATES
- FAFSA - This is the FREE Application for Federal Student Aid and will open in December. You will apply every year you are in college. This is how the government distributes grants and federal money for post secondary education. Do this as soon as you can to get the max financial aid. Opens in December this year (2023/24 school year).
- ALWORTH MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP - Students going into STEM majors can earn $24,000 for college each year! The family income requirement limit was increased to $175K this year; students must have a 3.5 GPA or higher and an ACT score of 24 or higher. Opens in November and deadline is Jan 15.
- THUNDERHAWK SCHOLARSHIPS: 40+ local scholarships are managed through GRHS for GRHS and ALC students. Scholarships include: Paul Bunyan Communications, Eagles, American Legion, Chamber of Commerce, Rotary and many, many others. Students complete 1 application for all the scholarships they qualify for. The application will be available in December and will close on Feb 20.
- GRACF.ORG - The Grand Rapids Community Foundation gives away more than $30,000 each year to Grand Rapids High School Students. Opens Jan 1 and deadline is Mar 1
- Blandin Foundation Scholarships - Receive a grant up to $5000 per year based on family adjusted gross income less than $125,000. Must apply every year in school and can apply until age 25 if pursuing a degree. Jan 2- Mar 1
Last Year's (2022/2023) Announcements
April 20, 2023 Seniors
April 12, 2023 Seniors
March 23, 2023 Seniors
March 13, 2023 Seniors
February 17, 2023 Seniors
January 30, 2023(Juniors)
January 25, 2023 (Seniors)
January 12, 2023 (Seniors)
January 4, 2023 (Seniors)
December 22, 2022 (Seniors)
December 21, 2022 (Juniors)
November 21, 2022 (Juniors)
November 1, 2022 (Seniors)
October 31, 2022 (Juniors)
October 14, 2022 (Seniors)
October 3, 2022 (Seniors)
September 22, 2022 (Juniors)