Education at The ITASKIN Center
The Itaskin Education Center is located in the ITASKIN Center which is owned by North Homes Inc. Learners can earn academic clock hours while at IEC. These hours are then sent to the students’ home district when discharged from the ITASKIN Center.
Students are educated in all of the North Homes Programs offered. The ITASKIN Center offers a Stabilization Shelter Center, a 35-Day Evaluation Program and Residential Treatment Program. Click on the North Homes link on the Home Page for more information on their programming.
All MN state academic standards are addressed. Core classes are Language Arts, Mathematics, Social Studies, Physical Education, Science, Health, Fine Arts, and Electives. Social Skills, Career Exploration and Transition Skills are also covered on a weekly basis.
Director of IEC and School District #318 Special Educational Services
Ms. Anna Lloyd
Itaskin Education Center Principal
Mr. Clayton Lindner
Itaskin Education Center School Secretary
There are five classrooms at the Itaskin Education Center.
- Mrs. Morgan- Lead Teacher, Social Studies / Computer
- Mr. Moen - Teacher, Physical Education / Life Skills
- Mr. Hildreth - Teacher, Language Arts / Health
- Mrs. Melton - Teacher, Science / Mindfulness
- Ms. Ahonen - Teacher, Math / Personal Finance
- Mrs. Fleischer - Teacher, Special Education
- Mrs. Gooch - ESP
- Mrs. Bishop - ESP
- Mrs. Beyer - ESP
- Ms. Buegler - ESP