2023-24 SCHOOL YEAR
ISD #318 will continue to shift from school or district management of COVID-19 to staff/family management of COVID-19. We will continue to report COVID-19 cases per the requirements of the Minnesota Department of Health and will communicate with families when outbreaks reach thresholds consistent with Influenza-like-illness (ILI) standards.
ISD 318 continues to encourage all staff and families to follow the recommendations for Covid-19 from the CDC website: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/your-health/isolation.html
Management of COVID-19 in the district will consist of the following:
- Families will be expected to keep sick children home and report illnesses to schools, as they do with any illness. Families will be responsible for doing testing if they choose, and families will be responsible for counting out any days of isolation.
- It’s recommended that people who are home with COVID or COVID-like symptoms should stay home (isolated) for 5 days from the start of their symptoms.
- Students/staff should stay home until symptoms have improved and they are ready for a full day of work/school. (Fever free for 24 hours, without the use of medication.)
- Quarantines for exposed family members are no longer recommended by the Center for Disease Control.
- The school district still has a supply of COVID-19 tests and recommends that ill students and staff are tested. You can get free tests in the nurse's office at your child’s school, until supplies have run out.
- Students and staff can wear a mask at any time, but masks are not required. (They are still recommended if you are on days 5-10 on your recovery from Covid).
- There are no COVID-specific (paid or exempt) leave days for students or staff.
As we have done the last two years, we will prioritize safety and in-person learning and we will adjust our approach as needed based on community conditions.